Fabia boot latck/lock

hey guys,

after searching ive not found the exact info i need really

i have an intermittant boot,sometimes itll open or not,im having to open a rear door for it to open,also the boot light sometimes doesnt come on

looking into it,it points to the orange lock in the boot lid,ive removed this and cleaned and soaked in wd40,no rust on pins also

now do i buy a new 1 or second hand good working 1 for half price and its deffo this part thats at fault?

cheers

forgot to add that ive got a faulty drivers door switch,door locks when it feels like it,the buzzer goes off if ive left the lights on which is once in a blue moon and doesnt put the interior light on,will this cause the boot to do this also?

You can get the switches on ebay but you would need to cut the wires from the old switch and solder or otherwise join the wires of the new switch to the old ones. Also, the lock cam which operates the switch is plastic covered and the plastic can sometimes be shredded, so a new switch would not work properly if that was the case. A new lock unit is an easier option. The door ancillaries carrier will need removing to fit it.