Knocking noise

Hi everyone, i put a post on here about 2 years ago about a knocking noise coming from the passengers side front suspension, its still happening now after all this time, i changed the track rod ends, but that didn't do it,the only time when it stops is when it's been raining , or it's been jacked up it lasts for a couple of days, my car is an Octavia 2012 vrs.

Regards john..

If you can't find the source of the knock/fix it then it's time to go to a garage.

There's nothing anyone on a forum can do really without actually getting hands on.

I'm in the same boat.

Bled my brakes and spilled fluid over the anti roll bar bush so thought it had became perished. Garage can't find anything wrong though. Sounds very similar to worn drop links. Garage has told me to let it develop. 

I'll give it a month to see if it comes to anything and then I'll start throwing parts at it and hoping! Not the most economical but it's driving me mad and they'll all need replaced sooner or later. Thinking anti roll bar bushes, drop links then top mounts. 

I can only speak of experience when I say the damper may be worn/faulty.

I had a rear like that which caused a dull knocking.

Due to the nature of the fault, if it is the damper then I doubt the garages would check for stroke noises due to the difficulty, they probably just raise it up and yank on bits.

Only repeated strokes of the damper will show the fault I mention.

Something tells me thou ought not be messing with things thou dost knowest nothingest of...

The damper or shock absorber is the piston gas/oil component located inside the suspension spring.

Ideally removed for testing but that's quite a job.

Perhaps you know someone with sufficient mass to be able to bounce strongly on the side causing the issue while you attempt to pinpoint the problem.