VRS cough?!

16 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

It's difficult one to be fair. I would personally scan it in the car park and if it returned, show them the results (i.e. you haven't even started the car and it's there) - of course, knowing them they would have cleared the code lol.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?1220-Steps-to-read-DPF-status-using-VCDS

I haven't had a DPF equipped car, so I can't promise the above would be useful but there should be an output channel (108 accordingly) to view some basic stats.

HTH

To be honest I reckon all they've done is wipe all fault codes that were there & run it round the block. That's a good idea, I'll do it in the car park & show them if it comes back. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VAGGAZ said:

Not sure what to suggest. Are they saying there is no fault code in the ECU or that they can't get it to cough? 

Both. They told me they couldn't find any fault codes & when the took it round the block the car performed as it should.

31 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

Doing any diagnostics would always start with an entire scan of the system. 

I would imagine, not that I can prove it, that if they saw a message like the one pictured, they would try their best to avoid the hefty price of replacing a DPF filter, if it's needed.

Yes, that makes sense. I think they would too which is why I would love to show them at the dealership seconds after collecting my keys

• 1 month later...