Problems with update Portal

Been trying to update my maps to latest version but having trouble with the portal site.

When I start to download the file it takes forever to even start and when it does it freezes my PC intermittently. When it does resume it's stating over a day to download!

Also, does anyone know of a way to download over a mobile device that works well

Thanks in advance...

What internet connection speed do you have?

The maps are massive files and could take hours to download on a normal broadband connection.

Before having fibre installed at home (lucky enough to have fibre into the house) whenever I tried to update our iPhones through iTunes (the full downloads) the connection would almost always crash, and I’d revert to downloading the ‘light’ version on the phones themselves.

Since going over to fibre this problem has never happened, and I can now download files such as iOS & map updates in minutes, rather than hours...these files are getting crazy big...

You could download over 4g on your mobile if you used it as hotspot to connect your computer to it, but you’re relying on a solid phone signal and a healthy data allowance!

Cheers,

Nick

15 minutes ago, Cubbington said:

What internet connection speed do you have?

The maps are massive files and could take hours to download on a normal broadband connection.

Before having fibre installed at home (lucky enough to have fibre into the house) whenever I tried to update our iPhones through iTunes (the full downloads) the connection would almost always crash, and I’d revert to downloading the ‘light’ version on the phones themselves.

Since going over to fibre this problem has never happened, and I can now download files such as iOS & map updates in minutes, rather than hours...these files are getting crazy big...

You could download over 4g on your mobile if you used it as hotspot to connect your computer to it, but you’re relying on a solid phone signal and a healthy data allowance!

Cheers,

Nick

Got fibre like you. Managed to download it overnight and now my maps are up to date!

Appreciate the help though.