Oil consumption

Hi just joined ur club I drive a DSG Skoda superb 2:0 diesel 150 brake,I have just had my 75,440 service done by a independent garage and I have this done every 10,000 miles the problem is from the service the oil seems to going down to quickly,in 4 days and about 700 miles it shows on the dipstick it's half way down already.I have also noticed white smoke coming out the back not all the time but now and again,so I brought the car back to my mechanic he checked it all out made sure the oil filter and tight ect and refilled with more oil,two days later I have it check it again and its down again not as bad but noticeable the temperature gauge is sitting in the middle so it's not  overheating and it's not loosing any coolant, the mechanic said it could be the turbo on its way out but I thought a turbo would last longer than this, anybody's else's turbo went at this millage or anybody else's hard on oil.

Thanks for the reply but no they used quantum oil the one that's recommend for the car,I buy all my oil and part's out of TPS they only do genuine parts and oil

My 2.0 tdi used nearly 3 litres of oil in the last 20k miles. 

It turned 54k yesterday, but it’s also gone now, as my new 1.5tsi has arrived. 

I’ve had a couple of tdi Passats, but they never used that much oil, even at 100k + miles. 

Thanks daveo it wasn't like this before it just seemed to start over a couple of weeks ago, maybe a better quality oil but then that wouldn't explain the white smoke would it

Thanks for the reply from MartiniB I take it it's using 2,1 litres between services, ? Mine has used a litre in about 500 miles which is crazy as I am a Taxi driver, this seems to only have started within the last couple of weeks it was ok before this 

14 hours ago, Deakin said:

it it's using 2,1 litres between services

no, when engine asked to top up one liter,

ODO values in Km, other numbers are intervals in kKm