Rear bumper reflector

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:56, Kenny212 said:

I fitted it to my velvet red sportline last weekend, as Kenny R said buy it from the dealer, i had a few wait as it was on back orderIMG_20190427_162008.thumb.jpg.a3f7a4bccc143b465d869dba6cebb5bc.jpg

Looks great, was it hard to install ?

Check out Arkaig's thread linked above by Kenny R, if in addition to the reflector strip, you buy the backing panel, then no drilling is required, it's a straight swap.

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Check out Arkaig's thread linked above by Kenny R, if in addition to the reflector strip, you buy the backing panel, then no drilling is required, it's a straight swap.

Unfortunately, that is not completely true, as even with the original plastic bar, in which the reflectors sit, makes the reflectors clips protrude with about 1 mm so it doesn't fit completely. My advice is to shorten the protruding red clips with a knife or file and then it fits. No drilling needed. Check my post

Did you buy the correct backing panel?

The revised backing panel for the vRS is designed specifically to accommodate the reflector strip. Something isn't right if you've had to modify the OEM parts surely?

Yes, i bought the original vrs back plate and the 2 reflectors bit, butto getit to sit correct you will need to modify the bumper ot the reflector pieces 

Wierd, there must be more to it then. I can't imagine the guys on the production line whipping out their Dremel each time a vRS comes past!