Octavia 2014 rear camera - coding

Hello,

My skoda is 2014 y with MIB1 (with BT....)...  I bought cheap rear camera and MIB Adapter (I connect to port 6 and 12).

In VAG-COM I activated "rear camera" - (10-Park/Steer Assist - Coding,  -  Rear View Camera installed)..

I now have a just same screen picture like before (see attechemnt). Parks sensor work fine, but I need display graphic for camera. Any ideas?

Thank you

bolero.jpg

Just now, SashaGrace said:

These cheap adapters are often more trouble then they are worth. Check the power connections are good, where have you powered the camera from?

I connected camera directly to MIB (video cable) Need adapter? Which one?

Just for test, connected cam to car battery ( + and - direct) ...

16 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

These cheap adapters are often more trouble then they are worth. Check the power connections are good, where have you powered the camera from?

I want test and connect:

cam2.png

I didn’t change the little blue quadlock connection on my install, I pinned the loom and plugged that into the blue quadlock on the car. 

Just noticed you have a TP button not a voice button, pretty sure you need it to be BT and Voice unit for this to work. I guess you have the microphone wires in Pins 1 and 7 of the blue quadlock?

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I didn’t change the little blue quadlock connection on my install, I pinned the loom and plugged that into the blue quadlock on the car. 

Just noticed you have a TP button not a voice button, pretty sure you need it to be BT and Voice unit for this to work. I guess you have the microphone wires in Pins 1 and 7 of the blue quadlock?

I didn+t change, too, but add pinn to port 6 and 12 on exsisting adapter.

Yes, 1 and 7 is also conencted... What now?

8 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

cam2.png

Just now, SashaGrace said:

Seems you have everything connected. I’m sure I read somewhere that you need a Bolero with BT and Voice controls for this install to work. I see your radio has a TP button not a Voice one. Wonder if that’s the issue?

Mybe... I will buy new MIB2 with NAVI, DAB, SIM + new display... and test then... Thank you!!!

3 hours ago, marky23 said:

Hy,

Menu is work now, but no picture 😪

IMG_2410.jpg

Maybe your headunit needs restarting. Press and hold the POWER button until the Skoda logo appears again (cca. 15 secs).

And there's no picture if the boot is open.

19 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Seems you have everything connected. I’m sure I read somewhere that you need a Bolero with BT and Voice controls for this install to work. I see your radio has a TP button not a Voice one. Wonder if that’s the issue?

I found this picture on net... hm... 

b3.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I change main unit and display. Now I have MIB2 and rear cam. work fine. Thank you.

But only one problem, I installed shark with GPS, DAB... GPS work Ok, DAB work 5 min, then not work, then work... Need any amplifier?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,i bought this camera https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000230897829.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6eb54c4dHU78K7.I have Octavia MK3 FL from 2 months and i'm facing with one possible problem:if i disconnect unit from glove box to put adapter unit enter in component protection mode?I ask seller about and nothing.....