Sachs performance clutch

Hi all just got my car back from the garage from having fitted an uprated Sachs performance clutch (after my old one was ripped to bits from a sweet racingline oem+ map), H&R lowering springs and fsd shocks. Just wanted to know hows other peoples clutch felt when you first got the car back to how it feels when you have done some mileage. Reason I ask is that the garage wasn't happy with how the clutch felt but they was told it has to bed in. I've done about 20 miles in traffic and the clutch is feeling better than when I picked it up, but was wanting to know other peoples experiences. Btw people who was thinking of lowering there car or replacing there shocks I would 100% recommend this setup. The ride is so smooth and comfortable its untrue. It rides the bumps like a magic carpet but becomes really sharp in the corners.

Funnily enough I was planning to post some thoughts on this, as I had this upgrade done recently. A chance to finally give back!

First impressions from new was that it was very, very heavy and the biting point was non-existent (and forget about hill start).

I was originally pretty worried that if this was going to be the final state I was going to be in for a hard time. I was assured that it would soften up over time and reading up online I found that you need to put in at least 500 miles of stop-start town driving for new clutches like this to bed in (i.e. a lot of gear changes and clutch movement, not motorway miles). Also it was advised to avoid changes over 3000 rpm during the bed in.

Luckily (or unluckily), I had a few road trips I needed to do, with plenty of town driving involved and it softened up nicely. At over 1000 miles now, and clutch feel is much more like OEM, and hill start and biting point seems to be much better.  Changing up at high rpm it's so much better than the last OEM clutch in that there is no slippage or hesitation - it just changes gear and goes - and it feels like the car is actually handling the power better (for example the missus only just noticed the stage 1 power increase with the new clutch in, whilst I was accelerating back onto the motorway from the hard shoulder at 3/4ths throttle input ).

The clutch does feel slightly heavier than stock, and hill start and biting point feel slightly different but you can get used it quickly.

PM me if you want more details or have questions.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...