Rumble noise

mixifix

Hi bought a 2008 fabia 3 month ago 57,084 miles on clock, running well issues I have it's developed a rumble type noise back end towards passenger side. So after jacking up pulling tugging wheel exhaust and suspension finding nothing, decided to empty all boot out issue two pops up water in spare wheel well. Any pointers would be good thanks

Sometimes you can have a wheel bearing that has dried up grease and makes a noise even thought there is not excessive play in it

Also while you are checking the bearing out or re greasing it look at the brakes to see if anything has come loose and is rubbing on the drum

Oh forgot to say....check out to see if the brakes need replacing could be they are just worn out.

the water in the wheel well could be from a wet spare but i doubt it most likely the boot seal has come loose around where the lights are, i have noticed on our car  there is a lot of water run off in that area especially when you open the boot after its been raining

• 2 weeks later...