Key fob not working

moley

A bit weird, but the 'change key fob battery warning ' came up on the Wife's Fabia at the weekend, so I changed the battery all OK. A few days ago the Wife said that the message came up again, as I was working in France I told her to take my spare key with her just in case there was a problem. Got back from France late last night and the Wife said that the key appeared to be OK, no more warning messages. This afternoon I went to use the car with the spare key and nothing worked  and I noticed that the red light on the key fob did not flash. I checked the battery, 3 volts OK, I changed the battery for a new one, still nothing works. I have even tried synchronising the fob, but no luck. The Wife's key works, but if that fails it's a problem as the car is Kessy.

Anyone else encountered this problem? is the fob US or is there a fix? We have had 9 skoda's over the last 14 years and I have never had a key fob fail

Update on the key fob issue. This morning I bought some Duracell 2025 batteries for key fob and now it works normally, red light flashes, doors unlock and lock again. I tried two new batteries yesterday, so I guess the quality of the battery matters. I even tested the other batteries to check that they were at 3 volts.

• Like 1

Interesting to know. I've found that in a few devices, cheap batteries perform inconsistently. I stick to varta or Duracell, eneloops for rechargables. Luckily in this price segment the difference is often a quid or two and in the long run will probably last longer and be more cost effective.

• Like 1