BBC Sounds on Android Auto

BBC sounds works on my Columbus from my Galaxy S8 but the car screen will not display anything but just the loading circle animation continuously when Downloads is tapped. It was working testrerday but not when connected today.

All is OK when Android Auto is run from my phone it's just the car screen that will not display. It will display and play episodes from Bookmarked and Subscribed.

12 hours ago, YMe said:

This maybe down to an Android update. My other half had a problem with his S8 and Maps. It was down to the fact that the Android Auto app is being placed into Sleep mode automatically by the O/S. This is a battery saving thing. Try changing the power settings of Android Auto (in settings) and see if that helps.

BBC sounds works on my Columbus from my Galaxy S8 but the car screen will not display anything but just the loading circle animation continuously when Downloads is tapped. It was working testrerday but not when connected today.

All is OK when Android Auto is run from my phone it's just the car screen that will not display. It will display and play episodes from Bookmarked and Subscribed.

I eventually solved this by uninstalling Android Auto  and BBC Sounds from my phone and a factory reset of Columbus. Columbus is now working better than ever it did. Even did the 2020 map update in just under 3 hours - fast or what!!! 😁