Help! Boot won’t open - Spaceback

Well, it’s taken a while but tonight I have my first failure on the car - the boot won’t open. 

Rest of the central locking is fine, but pressing the boot release handle on the tailgate won’t open the boot. You can hear a relay clicking in the car, but there is no whirring noise for the lock motor.

Don’t suppose anyone else has had similar and had it fixed? As the rest of the central locking is working it would seem to me to be one of the following:

1) Issue with boot release button on the tailgate

2) boot lock motor failure

3) broken wire brining power to said motor

Anyway, if anyone has any advice or experience of this issue they can share before I book it in to the dealer to get it fixed, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Chris

Car is going in this Friday. Earliest booking I could get out of the rude and grumpy guy on the service desk at my main dealer.

Still no idea of what is wrong or what it’s going to cost to fix. Also, unlike the Fabia, there appears to be no manual way to spring the boot on the Spaceback from the inside. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed for the moment. Several of the wires in the rubber flexi hose running from the Car to the boot had split (the power to the central locking being one of them. 7 years of opening and closing the boot (and there probably not being much slack) had finally taken its toll on the wiring loom at that point of flex. Been patched up for now and is working again, but ultimately it is going to need a new loom for £450 parts and Labour.

Waiting for said loom to turn up from Skoda (none in the UK apparently, so it’s coming from the Czech Republic). 

• Like 2