Sorry to Say Goodbye

Normski55

I had my 2002 Octavia Mk 1 Ambient 1.6 petrol estate for four years between 2016 until recently. In that time I am happy to say that despite the age and 150K miles the car ran absolutely fantastically. In that time I did spend some money on the car, cam belt, water pump, clutch, wheel bearing, brakes and oil changes but I don't begrudge a penny as the car owed me nothing. It was comfortable to drive, never misbehaved and pretty economical (over 40 mpg). I'm sorry to say that as a consequence of being laid up for 6 months due to the virus, the old girl failed the MOT and was going to cost £700 to get back on the road.

I was absolutely gutted to see her go when I sold the car to a breaker as she has been a reliable friend. Maybe parts of her will live on in someone else's care.

I would just like to say thanks to everyone who helped me through the forums when I needed help.

Maybe I will be back in the future if I get another as they are brilliant cars.

All the best,

Normski