USB STICK NOT REGOGNIZE

HELLO I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW OCTAVIA 2021, I HANE A PROBLEM WITH THE INFO SYSTEM. I PUT A USB STICK WITH SONGS BUT THE SYSTEM DOESNT REGOGNIZE AT ALL THE STICK, THE CABLE IS NEW (NOT FROM SKODA SITE) BY A LOCAL SELLER (NO FROM CHINA).IS THERE ANY WAY TO DO SOMETHING IN THE SETTINGS TO FORCE IT TO FIND????

I bought a little adaptor rather than a cable and that seems to work OK without having had to change anything.  All I can think is maybe the cable is only for charging, and doesn't have the data connection pins connected?  Have you tried plugging the cable and USB stick into a laptop's USB-C port to see if you can read the USB stick that way?

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

How is your USB stick formatted? FAT32 or NTFS? Try to format it to FAT32 and then try again. I'm not sure if the new Octavia already supports anything else beside FAT32 formatted drives.

Its Fat32 already.i turn it also in NTFS but nothing again

I believe that there is a list of supported USB standards in the manual, which you can download from your country's official website for Skoda. 
A friend's 5008 was having trouble with USB 3.0, but was working well with USB 2.0

MCG thanks for this  does yours work no problem? I used a normal memory stick and I noticed my whole infotainment system kept freezing and restarting. Since taking the USB stick out, I have not experienced any problems. It could be a coincidence as it was during the cold period but i am keen to get my music left in the car rather than use my phone.

On 17/01/2021 at 07:23, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

MCG thanks for this  does yours work no problem? I used a normal memory stick and I noticed my whole infotainment system kept freezing and restarting. Since taking the USB stick out, I have not experienced any problems. It could be a coincidence as it was during the cold period but i am keen to get my music left in the car rather than use my phone.

I have had issues with the USB stick in very cold weather, but this was also the case with the same stick in my previous car (Mk3 Superb) and I put it down to the USB stick not liking the extremes of temperature, as heat did the same (files suddenly became unplayable). 

It seems to have been OK in the Octavia so far and I haven't had any infotainment crashes/freezing, but I have had to plug it into a PC and let it be scanned/repaired as it seemed to have developed corruptions on some files.  Unfortunately since I've had the new car I've not had cause to go very far due to working from home, but this should change in the next few weeks so I'll be able to give it a good test!  

Edited by MCG1975
typo

On 18/01/2021 at 17:01, OctaviaFirstEdit said:

Thanks. Please let me know how it has gone when you have had a long journey. I am keen to get something I can leave in the car plugged in. 

Thanks again.

Well, last Friday I had a 2.5-3 hour round trip and happily listened to media playing from the USB drive with no issues.  It had been in the car overnight too, so got quite cold to start with and no hiccups - I had connected it to my PC which fixed a few errors, so suspect over time the extremes may give rise to more but OK for now.  If all I have to do is occasionally connect to a PC to fix errors I'm OK with that!

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Didn't want to open a new topic.

Do you guys use any neat solutions on how to minimize the possibility to bump the USB drive with your phone (or similar ) when plugged directly to the usb port in the center console? I'm afraid I will bump the USB drive with my phone someday and break the port.

Was thinking of buying an angled L shaped USB C extension cable (a short one) which wouldn't stick out of the port as much as USB drive does.