Smart link enable

If it's the same as the VW systems, you need an activation key that is only available from the dealer. They would also enable it. 

Having said that, we tried this with our VW Beetle and the dealer said the enabling had failed and couldn't be done with this particular head unit. Even though it has the right buttons and 'App Connect' in the menu! 

No - it has to be applied either by the dealer or in theory by yourself.

Oddly enough, you don't have a MENU key, but it you did, you would go and press/hold it and go to Software FeCC - find the part code for Smartlink - then put in your key that the dealer has given you (its on a piece of paper).  Then the feature is enabled.  You cannot enable this function via VCDS.  The other option is that you get hold of a hack MIB system....but that is a whole world of pain.

Sorry - Skoda dealer time I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Pretty sure activation can only be done using ODIS (dealer software).

The smartlink enablement codes need to be added against your VIN on the Skoda servers. Your headunit can then be updated with the new activations.

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

Pretty sure activation can only be done using ODIS (dealer software).

The smartlink enablement codes need to be added against your VIN on the Skoda servers. Your headunit can then be updated with the new activations.

There is some people that do it for money like 500$.
i wanted to know if i can buy an smartlink key and do it by myself

if some one here know how to do that - this guy do it by odis/vcds with computer.

7 minutes ago, Tzlileliaguyev said:

i wanted to know if i can buy an smartlink key and do it by myself

if some one here know how to do that - this guy do it by odis/vcds with computer.

No, you cannot apply the key yourself!!!

As an example, take a look at 000054830A. It's a MIB2 Standard (Bolero/Amundsen) Smartlink activation kit which clearly states it will require ODIS. It also needs online access to update the Skoda servers to show your VIN now has Smartlink activated.

This part number will not work for you as I think you have MIB2 Entry (Stream) headunit.

At least in the UK, typical prices for Smartlink at a Skoda dealer are £135-170. I assume you're in Europe but I'd expect a similar price in €. You might find a independent garage with the right equipment but as the monthly subscription costs are high, most don't use ODIS.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, newtonfield said:

does anyone know how much the dealer would charge ?

or does anyone know of an indy in nw london/herts that can help

i bought an activation code on ebay foolishly thinking i could activate it myself.

Around £150, according to an above post. 

• 1 year later...

Hello. Has anyone else tried to activate CarPlay without going to the dealer? Dealer costs are 300€, which is almost the same as the price of a second-hand unit that already has CarPlay activated. Thank you.

IMG_6281.jpeg

• Like 1

There is now a free way available to enable Mirrorlink/Carplay. I've not tested it myself because mine came pre installed with it but everything else I've tried works. Here's a slightly edited copy of a post that I made in another forum:

Here's a tool which allows you to enable MirrorlinkCarplay:

https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox

Please take note: You will need to enable Developer Mode/Green Engineering Menu ( GEM ) in your MIB2 using VCDS/OBD11 or some other diagnostic software before using this tool. This tool is ONLY FOR DISCOVER MEDIA ( Amundsen ) NOT FOR  DISCOVER PRO ( Columbus ). There is a link on the webpage for the Discover Pro ( Columbus ) version but I don't know whether it offers the same mods. I am not affiliated in any way to this tool but I have tested it and it worked fine for me. The usual disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

Finally here's a Youtube video which I used to show me how to install and use the tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAou90S_R-Y

And here's a video showing how to activate Mirrorlink/Carplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uwYmBPc1Q

Enjoy!!

Edited by bigade1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 25/09/2023 at 13:28, bigade1 said:

There is now a free way available to enable Mirrorlink/Carplay. I've not tested it myself because mine came pre installed with it but everything else I've tried works. Here's a slightly edited copy of a post that I made in another forum:

Here's a tool which allows you to enable MirrorlinkCarplay:

https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox

Please take note: You will need to enable Developer Mode/Green Engineering Menu ( GEM ) in your MIB2 using VCDS/OBD11 or some other diagnostic software before using this tool. This tool is ONLY FOR DISCOVER MEDIA ( Amundsen ) NOT FOR  DISCOVER PRO ( Columbus ). There is a link on the webpage for the Discover Pro ( Columbus ) version but I don't know whether it offers the same mods. I am not affiliated in any way to this tool but I have tested it and it worked fine for me. The usual disclaimer: Use at your own risk!

Finally here's a Youtube video which I used to show me how to install and use the tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAou90S_R-Y

And here's a video showing how to activate Mirrorlink/Carplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uwYmBPc1Q

Enjoy!!

how do i know if i have discover or colombus? 

20240420_230941.jpg

how do i know if i have discover or colombus?

From a quick search on the internet it seems your unit is a Swing unit so it's neither of them. Therefore, I'd assume the toolbox won't work on your unit.

1 hour ago, bigade1 said:

From a quick search on the internet it seems your unit is a Swing unit so it's neither of them. Therefore, I'd assume the toolbox won't work on your unit.

fun...

so i have no choice to do it on the dealer...

274€ 🤦