stop-start problem

ProfH

My new Kamiq's stop-start system is hopeless. On stopping, the engine coughs and instantly restarts, so I just turn it off (when I remember to do so ). My old Nissan Note wasn't much better in that respect, but hey, it was old. The Lexus 300h hybrid I had before that was (of course) brilliant in that respect (and in most other respects) - one could barely notice the system in its silent operation; but I cannot afford such cars these days. Apart from the stop-start problem, the stubbornly inoperable Skoda connect (not solved by either the dealer of by customer services) and the fierce, snatchy brakes, the Kamiq is mostly OK, and cruises pretty well.

Does anyone have a Skoda in which the stop-start system actually works?

Yes, stop-start works as expected on my 2015 Octavia 1.4TSI.

The instant restart suggests that as soon as the engine stops the system thinks that because of high current consumers (e.g. aircon) and/or low battery battery voltage it needs to restart the engine again.

Worth checking the vehicle status screen on the infotainment to see what is being reported there as reason(s) for the stop-start to behave strangely.

• Like 3