Rear diff failure

After I changed the two wheelbearings back I have come to the whining sound must come from the rear diff. I wonder if they all fit from ex vw golf 7, Passat, tiguan, audi a3? If I search by chassinumber I get fewer used diffparts but if i type in my partnumber on the rear diff I get parts from passat, tiguan, a3, karoq and superb. Some with haldex gen 4 and some with gen 5. If a rear diff from ex passat fits with my haldex control unit I would save a lot of money.

I hope you understand my bad english.

Pontus

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my rear diff diagnosed today, whine and metal filings in the oil! have located one on EBay from a 2017 Kodiaq which has the same 'numbers' as mine 525 010 but the letter codes are different, mine is 0CQ ...........F while the one for sale is 0BR.........M

Anybody know if this would fit my Octavia 3 2015 CRMB 2.0 Tdi SE 4x4?

UPDATE*****UPDATE*****UPDATE

I have now located some other units, from Audi A3's and VW Golf's which have the same prefix, 0CQ and the same part number 525010 with the only difference being the suffix? There is an H and L. My own view is that as long as the prefix and numbers are the same the unit will fit as the suffix and a lot of parts change over the years.

I used 525010L from a audi a3 on mine which had 525010S. As long as the haldex is from same generation I think they all gonna fit but there can be a small diffrent in the gearing.

• 1 month later...