EPC Light

armayeti

I’m now onto my sixth Skoda and have previously owned Audis and VWs as well.  Every one of them have been great buys and never caused me any problems.  However, this morning my Kamiq 1.0 SE DSG, which is less than a year old with 3300 miles on the clock, cut out and wouldn’t restart.  The EPC light was illuminated and despite numerous attempts to restart it still didn’t want to play.  Called Skoda Assist and the AA attended within 45 minutes.  The excellent patrolman asked me to sit in the drivers seat and try to start it again.  No joy.  He then asked me to press the brake pedal really hard, which then felt quite soft, but the engine fired up first time.  I did this a few more times and the engine always restarted.  He thereafter did two diagnostic checks which displayed “No Errors Found”.  

He explained that this is quite a common problem with other DSG cars but it was more than a glitch with the brake servo rather than a serious issue.  Car has behaved perfectly since his attendance but I will contact the dealer and ask for advice.  Anybody out there that has had a similar experience.?

Spoke to my local Skoda Dealer regarding the EPC Light/brake issue.  They were not aware of the specific problem that was identified and felt it was unnecessary to bring the car in for inspection as the 2 diagnostic checks displayed “No Errors Found”.  I have driven the car 4 times since the AA were in attendance and everything is fine and working properly.  It seems strange that the AA patrolman immediately identified the issue and knew how to resolve it, yet, my dealership are unaware of this type of incident.