Lossless Audio in CarPlay

Hello everyone, this is my first post on briskoda. moderators please place the post accordingly if I've posted this in the wrong section.  Let me introduce my car first, its a 2018 September octavia vRS230 in a lovely shade of blue (Race Blue) which I recently picked up with about 28000 kms on the odo. 

Getting on topic Apple Music recently shifted to lossless Audio for its users free of cost and being an audiophile I'm loving every single moment of it. now my concern is since octys support Flac and lossless audio via a sd card does the same apply to CarPlay. I was going through a developer ppt from apple itself and I've attached the requirements for the same. Is this supported in the headhunt or I'll be needing a DAC or other stuff to enable it?

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 12.51.33 PM.png

3 minutes ago, iamnitishmalik said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post on briskoda. moderators please place the post accordingly if I've posted this in the wrong section.  Let me introduce my car first, its a 2018 September octavia vRS230 in a lovely shade of blue (Race Blue) which I recently picked up with about 28000 kms on the odo. 

Getting on topic Apple Music recently shifted to lossless Audio for its users free of cost and being an audiophile I'm loving every single moment of it. now my concern is since octys support Flac and lossless audio via a sd card does the same apply to CarPlay. I was going through a developer ppt from apple itself and I've attached the requirements for the same. Is this supported in the headhunt or I'll be needing a DAC or other stuff to enable it?

Screenshot 2021-07-29 at 12.51.33 PM.png

Please ignore my friend's message on the top right, was suggesting him some mods for his Superb L&K

Looks to me (I am an electronics engineer but not an Apple user or a Carplay expert) like you will benefit using a wired connection. LPCM would be linear pulse code modulation, meaning the phone is doing the decoding from whatever audio format, and sending it to the head unit as LPCM. :thumbup: