'Swing' radio constantly checks 'registration code'

Citigo1982

Hi everyone

I recently changed my iPhone for a new one and am now finding that my 2019 SE regularly asks me if the 'registration code' displayed on the radio screen matches that in the App. I confirm this and it says 'registration complete'...but then asks again the next day.

I have removed and reinstalled Move and Fun on my phone.

I have also unpaired and re-paired the phone.

I wonder if I am missing something obvious? It never used to ask me to check the 'registration code' like this! 

All thoughts welcome - thanks

Edited by Citigo1982

12 hours ago, freemansteve said:

Can you try another phone as a test to see if the issue is with the radio or not?

Good idea. I have re-paired my partner's phone with the radio as well so will borrow that a few times to see if the same thing comes up...

Apple have a history of having not-so-good Bluetooth compatibility with certain other devices, especially car systems - but usually OK with BT earbuds etc.  Some models are better than others, but it's surprising that a new or recent phone is problematic.

A few Android phones also have BT issues, but seems to be far less prevalent with those.

Edited by freemansteve
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, freemansteve said:

Bummer.

Best of luck with Skoda UK!

Thanks! Skoda UK says it's a dealer issue. As an experiment I've downloaded the VW Up! app (Maps and More) to see if that makes a difference, although it is basically Move and Fun in a different colour. 

I may just abandon the app. As far as I can see, the issue is the app connecting to the car; the phone has already connected by the time the code message comes up. If the phone will pair OK, then I can live without the app, nice as it is to see how many MPG I'm doing!