Disable speed limit control in ACC

daniel123

Thanks. I thought that was the answer. I have spent quite some time trying to work it out. Surprised they’ve rolled that out. Half the population drive at a speed slightly over the limit on the motorways. I can’t be the only person upset by this. I’ve stopped using cruise control on the motorways now because of this.

I quite like the adaptive cruise on my ID.4 keeping to the speed limit. I pay attention to the road while driving and if I see a slower limit approaching, knock off the ACC and allow the car to coast down. I do get annoyed by the 'phantom braking' when the car 'sees' a limit for another adjacent road but it rarely happens for me. FWIW you can turn off ACC in the ID.4 and have plain old cruise control if you want, so I would expect the Enyaq to offer the same, as its basically the same software. I would strongly recommend reading up on it in the manual. If you want to just poke around, its somewhere in the driving aids menus.

I disabled this in mine - it's in the driving assistance menu on the main screen somewhere - "Speed limit preview" or similar. Once I turned that off, it doesn't automatically change the ACC target speed based on signs it passes. And it's an option which stays turned off between journeys too.

• Like 1

Most that experience hard braking with an Enya is because of the speed sign recognition. When they turn it off, that behavior stops. You can still experience it if the car thinks there is a danger for collision. This has been a thing since before Enyaq, and from what I’ve read mostly happens in sharp turns with traffic in the opposite direction, which the car thinks you’re about to crash into.

That is however a far less common issue that the speed sign issue. In my time with the Kodiaq I have never experienced it. 

• 5 weeks later...

Mostly love the automatic speed adjustment but not when driving in the city centre. The maps are too outdated. - So in these situations I do what @Anhunedd did. I still keep the ACC which I just love. - The other cars I tried stayed to close to the car in front. - Now I feel i have a proper distance and the Enyaq keeps it well.