New MAF

Where's the cheapest place to buy a new MAF from? Looks like mine may well be on the way out, so I think I'll be getting a new Bosch one and going back to the standard air filter element. Can anybody confirm the part number for me, I believe it is 0 281 002 461 for a 2005 MY Fabia vRS?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new MAF now, but before it goes on, I've read in a few places that you need to do an "ECU reset" when fitting a new MAF - is this true, and if so, how can it be done (without VAG-COM)

Cheers

How come you need a new MAF on an 05 car and why isn't it being replaced under warranty?

Most likely damaged by oil from the green filter, or just a faulty unit.

Didn't bother trying to claim on warranty - they'd take one look at my car and blame it on the mods. It's not like this was the only mod I've done, so I couldn't slap the standard filter back in and play ignorant.

As a side note, I got the new one and fitted it yesterday, drove from London to Leicester and back today, all unresponsiveness is gone, smoke is reduced and economy is improved. The inside of the airbox on the MAF side, had a lot of oil spatter on it. So in a nutshell, pretty much looks like it was shagged. Just as well I got it sorted before driving to Le Mans!!! :D

EDIT: Plus, I don't like leaving my car in at the dealer for warranty work after they botched it repeatedly (120 mile round trip x 4 for the same faults) then left it outside overnight to be broken into and have all the stereo I'd fitted stolen... for the sake of £55 and a half hour of getting my hands dirty, rather fix it myself. If I didn't have the Seat Sport strut brace, it would be a 10 minute job.