Anyone have experience of Arnold Clark’s Autocare warranty product

Gmac983

Back in 2019 when I purchased my Kodiaq I took out the 4th year warranty.  Now because I was getting perilously close to £40k with options for the additional road tax (i didn’t want to break through that by 50 quid or something silly like that and have to pay the additional road tax for breaking through the £40k barrier). I took out perhaps now rather foolishly, rather than Skodas additional warranty, Arnold Clark’s comparable Autocare product instead. Now, during the pandemic AC chose to permanently close their branch of Skoda Inverness. Which is already a 2 hour drive away for me and in place of that demand that I travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh (basically 6 hours away) for genuine Skoda service, they specifically said that none of the other myriad of AC garages in Inverness area would do. Bearing in mind this was during some of the more stringent periods of lockdown. This was obviously nonsense so I had the car serviced with Bannermans of Inverness who are a very competent Seat dealer and have/will be doing all of the servicing on my car. Getting to the point in AC’s Autocare fine print there is a section about all service and repairs must be carried out by an Autocare approved agent. Has anyone any experience of this or is it all BS on Arnies part?

Edited by Gmac983

1 hour ago, Gmac983 said:

service and repairs must be carried out by an Autocare approved agent.

Dunno about that either way. When I bought my Octy, I got an Arnold Shark "warranty", and lived in the Western Isles. They knew this, and were happy to approve warranty work by my local garage rather than pay for me to travel it Inverness or Glasgow.

Just had a response from Arnies Autocare people. They say as long as a VAT registered garage using genuine parts for service/repairs is used then the Autocare plan will stand. 
Bloody annoying how they have chosen to word the small print though.

• Like 3