Favorit Rack Lubricant?

Hi All. I am in the process of doing the rack gaiters on my 94 Favorit. Got the rack end one off and the exposed bit of rack looks a bit dry with only  few blobs of pretty miserable looking grease in sight.  The Haynes manual says you need to measure out specific quantities of certain types of grease for the rack but doesn't give details.  Should I dab a bit of standard lithium automotive Grease on the rack before I put the gaiters on or just leave as is?

thanks 

20220807_184418.jpg

Millers Oils gives extreme pressure (EP) lithium grease in various NLGI numbers "Multi-purpose lithium soap thickened grease with extreme pressure performance, available in a range of NLGI numbers"  - does Haynes give any number.

I've found the 1973 and 1980 copies of Haynes for my vehicle has copied errors and omissions and can over explain the simple but under explain the more complex, so not a fan, useful if checked and cross referenced but it's the same often even for the car manufacturer's workshop manuals too.

Hopefully a more knowledgeable person will now be along to help you.

• Thanks 1