Octavia Mk1 brake upgrade.

Foka

Hi y'all. Had a 1.8t swapped in a 1.6 chassis, and I'm looking to upgrade by brakes as well. I know the stock 1.6 knuckles won't do it, so I'm thinking swapping them for a vrs or golf/bora 4motion knuckles. Question is, what oem+ parts should I put? Don't really wanna go brembo / porsche calipers, so perhaps r32 calipers, or TT brakes? If someone had already did it, or there are threats, I'd be happy to know about it. Not looking to push alot of power, but the brakes looks small with a 17"/18" wheel.

Thanks in advance!

If you're looking at changing the knuckles you may aswel do the TT front end setup so swap to the cast lower arms and knuckles. Also worthwhile changing the steering rack for the quicker 2.5 turns TT rack too. The TT knuckles will then allow you to bolt the 312mm brake set up straight on, which with decent pads should be more than ample.