Removal of tray to get at fuses

defraine

Hi,

Picked up my new Fabia yesterday and need to hardwire my dashcam as the cig lighter is always live.  Anyone removed the tray in the dash yet to get at the fuses?  Seems really tight and don't want to break it.

Cheers,

Sean

PXL_20220916_103948139.jpg.79ee9de5595f690d9e3a20471aa32e84.jpg

HI jUST GIVE IT A TUG DOWNWARD WITH SOME PRESSUREYOU WON T BREAK IT as for a dashcam mine is wired through a switched live.Hope this helps.Lovely motor bye the way.Which model is it,mine is a colour edition in silver.Happy motoring,cheers Andy

• Groan 1

9 hours ago, Drewmac said:

HI jUST GIVE IT A TUG DOWNWARD WITH SOME PRESSUREYOU WON T BREAK IT as for a dashcam mine is wired through a switched live.Hope this helps.Lovely motor bye the way.Which model is it,mine is a colour edition in silver.Happy motoring,cheers Andy

Thanks Andy, colour edition with the 6 speed box.  Loving it.  Cheers again

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2022 at 16:59, defraine said:

Hi,

Picked up my new Fabia yesterday and need to hardwire my dashcam as the cig lighter is always live.  Anyone removed the tray in the dash yet to get at the fuses?  Seems really tight and don't want to break it.

Cheers,

Sean

PXL_20220916_103948139.jpg.79ee9de5595f690d9e3a20471aa32e84.jpg

could you please show the installment and wirings that you arranged for your dashcam? i wanna mount a dashcam as well.

Hi,The way i wired up my dashcam is as follows.Mount camera on windshield,route cable under the headlining toward edge of windscreen and down the side pushing cable into door rubber till you get tobottom of dashboard.Using the fitting kit(bought separately) under dashboard.With a 12v, probe find a switched live fuse,mine is a 5amp,top right in fuse box.Find a suitable earth and screw down.Your car is left hand drive so reverse my way of fitting to suit lhd car.Sounds complicated but should only take about 30-40 mins.HOPE This helps.

20221024_163319.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't hard wire in the end.  Hid the 12v cable really well behind the head liner and trims, under the seat to the cig lighter 12V socket.  Although perm live Nextbase confimed that there is tech that cuts off if battery level drops.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.gravatar.c

Ash (Nextbase)

1 Nov 2022, 08:22 GMT

Hi Sean,

Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, the 12v cable has the same voltage cut off as the hardwire kit.

I hope that helps. 

Ash

Technical Support Engineer