Octavia Vrs 2.0 diesel,2017

Sean1972

Hello I’m nee here,thinking about buying an Octavia,Vrs 2.0 diesel,2017

any things I need to look for,are they reliable?economicle?

Hello Sean :hi:

Are you going for a manual, or a DSG?

Do you do enough miles to warrant going for a diesel? (20k upwards is a general consensus).

In answer to your questions, yes, if looked after they can be both reliable and economical.  You should find a vRS a world of difference to your Insignia.

I had a Petrol vRS and on a run I'd easily get into the early 40's mpg.

Gaz

Thanks it’s a manual,I do some miles,maybe not 20k,what’s the interval for the timing belt,if it is a belt,change?

6 minutes ago, Sean1972 said:

Thanks it’s a manual,I do some miles,maybe not 20k,what’s the interval for the timing belt,if it is a belt,change?

That's an interesting question, with a range of answers, e.g.:

The search facility on Brisky works well - you can find the answer(s) to most questions simply by rummaging :nod:

Gaz

Don't have mine any more, but did thoroughly enjoy owning it.  It was the first car I bought new.  I traded it in for the Golf GTI I have now (same engine, drive train & chassis, more or less).

I had mine remapped to Stage 1 (Revo), which took it to north of 300bhp, and made things quite a lot more interesting.  It started out as a 220ps.

Would I have another vRS? Yes, I certainly would 😎

Gaz

EDIT: Have a read up on DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) issues, before you decide on a diesel - they don't like short journeys/low miles.

Edited by Gaz