Side Signal/Indicator and Clicking Noice

vpardav

Hi All,

I got Skoda Karoq 2018 1.5 TSI petrol which I brought from dealership as used car. From the day one I brought it before 2 months I am observing below behaviour/issue.

1. Only when I turn on side signal/indicator and turn the streeing wheel just about 1cm on the direction of indicator chosen , I hear two clicking sound near around streeing wheel column
2. If I turn streeing wheel without giving indicator light then no noise/sound it only happens when Indicator is given and streeing is turned
3. I am not talking about Indicator light sound which occured along with blinking of light, its coming near from streeing wheel column.

Up on asking dealership to investigate they denying to check and saying its normal and comes in all other Skoda cars but when I drove couple of other I did not notice it .

Has anyone else noticed/faced this in their skoda / skoda karoq? is it really normal? is it issue which needs to be fixed by dealership?

FYI - Car is still under warrenty.

I concur. It is normal clicking when the indicator is turned on and the steering wheel is turned in the same direction as the signal

• Like 1

Agreed.  For me it is normal (if it is a faint clicking x2 - one at the start of the turning of the wheel and another when on about half full lock). If it is an abnormal type of sound then the garage would very quickly know.  Your only choice really is to ask another mechanic at another garage to listen to it and give a verdict if you don't trust the selling dealership.  You could ask them to show you on another car of similar age and that would put your mind at rest as they all have this self cancelling mechanism built-in.