SMARTLINK PROBLEM

BARANDAT

Hello, I have a problem with my Fabia MKVI active.

When I bought the car they told me at the dealership that I could connect the smartphone and have Android auto. But when I connected it with the cable, a message appeared on the screen to contact the dealer.
After requesting the installation of the smartlink they informed me that it could not be installed without giving me any further explanation.

My VIN is TMBEP6PJ1N4020955.

Could any of you tell me why?
From Skoda Spain they have not wanted to give me the explanation and they do not tell me if there may be any solution.

Thanks in advance.

P.D. Sorry for my english translated by google

17 hours ago, FA-BI-A said:

I received my new Fabia without wireless Smartlink... Dealer asked me: Can You live without it? I can.

Smartlink (wireless) =  6 months delay for delivery time.

Just get a short cable and plug in the phone

But ideally should have asked dealer what it’s value (or cost as an option is) and got a price reduction to reflect missing spec if it was listed when you ordered it.   The old saying of If don’t ask you won’t get applies as unlikely to volunteer a price cut.   Could still ask now, nothing ventured, nothing gained

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers.
The problem was that the dealer told me before the purchase that the car had the smartlink as standard.
But when I plugged in the cable was not available.
I requested the installation of the smartlink, but after several weeks they ended up telling me that it could not be installed in my car.

The funny thing is that every time I get in the car my smartphone automatically starts the android auto. Also, in the features menu, the version of android auto appears.

That is why I am asking if someone can tell me why it cannot be installed and if there is any solution.

For my work I visit many cities that I do not know. That is why I would like to have android auto to use google maps.
  I'm tired of using a smartphone holder.

I still think smartphone with magnetic smartphone holder in dashboard is best solution. Supercrisp Amoled display and all apps alltime ready to use. Google maps in smartphone is best navigation system. Skoda infotainment or automatic "smart" connections/Android Auto etc. feels slow and display is low resolution,  voice control listen and think too long time. 

PS. I got little refund from dealer when I received my car without promised wireless Smartlink.

Android auto might work with a cable, but not wireless (this was generally the spec upto 2 or 3 years ago), and you can use Google or Waze, but have to have the android auto app on your phone