Factory Sat Nav and ipod

Hi there, there is a VW part that connects an ipod to the sat nav. None of the ipod connector cables will output to the nav screen.... basically the ipod is treated exactly the same as a CD changer and uses that screen (it calls the ipod CD6 I think. )

If you want ipod song information on the screen you need a video input cable on the head unit (£70-100...it allows the HU to accept video signals from component inputs) and you could outcput through the ipod's video cable into it.

What version of ipod do you have? I have an ipod VAG connector I'm going to sell... I bought it off ebay and never got around to installing it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&item=5860576792

This is a generation 1-4 cable (everything upto and including the IPOD Photo)

hope this helps...

Cheers,

Jim

With a 2nd or 3rd gen ipod so far as I know, you won't be able to get the ipod information on screen (other than track number) some claim to (e.g. dension stuff, but when I called they said it would not work with the sat nav HU)

Anyway if you are interested I'm selling mine this week on ebay otherwise I'd be happy with ~ £90 includign postage (I bought it for £110inc postage)

Cheers,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...