Roomster owner

EdwardEssex

Bought my first in June this year. Pet hates are the useless projector lights (I'm trying to find a solution so I can drive at night) 😂 and the rubbish roof blinds that don't stay shut (I do have a solution that works 90% of the time if they annoy you too). I've fixed the seats being really uncomfortable with a swap out from a Fabia - happy to tell more on request. Hello to everyone here. I am happy to help with knowledge and have owned and still do own various cars from about two decades ago. Modern classics I guess you'd call them. Coffee and a chat welcomed... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi from a fellow new (10days) roomster owner, Bristol based. Those headlights are awful, must be some xenon monsters we can get, full main beams is okay but dipped or whatever is useless. Really liking this 1.9TDI with cruise control, basic audio is nice and punchy, and the car seems fixable by myself (little experience but replaced window etc in Suzuki Wagon R+). The only downside is the odb2 port feels useless, got to get access to VCDS for diagnostics (my parking system is faulting).

On 31/12/2022 at 13:52, EdwardEssex said:

Fix the headlights by swapping to osram Night breakers. 

Is there a limit, especially if taking it to france/spain? I guess go for the 200% monsters, but wondered if there is a legal brightness limit and therefore go lower?

Almost went for the osram, but the philips equivalent guaranteed road legal and mentioned europe, so they can foot the bill of any fines. Thanks a lot for the help, wouldn't have probably bothered without your push!