Iphone 11 - USB, Carplay and Charging not working?

Hi all,

I bought a 2018 Skoda Octavia last week, when looking at the car, carplay connected to my iphone 11 with no issues. After buying it, it became intermittent, disconnecting and reconnecting on the drive home. By the end of the 1.5hr drive home, it wouldn't connect at all.

The USB port, when connected to 2 different iphone 11's with a variety of cables causes them to charge on and off (flickering every second or so) with no recognition of carplay at all before charging stops completely.

Weirdly, when I reset skoda connect to new owner through the app, carplay worked, unplugged and plugged back in with no issues. The following morning, it had reverted back to the flickering charging and no recognition at all. I've tried everything I can find on google, my IOS is updated, I've tried forgetting the car, resetting the smartlink function on the car through settings etc with no luck.

My Amundsen system is version MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0468T. Could it need a software update? If so, where can I find it as the update portal only seems to offer me maps updates. The skoda compatibility site suggests it only works up to iphone X. I just don't see how this can be the case when it's worked twice, and strangely when it connected to skoda connect?????

Any help massively appreciated, I don't want to shell out a fortune taking the car to a skoda dealer ideally. Thanks in advance :)