Sods Law.....

Sadly, I'm moving away from Skoda shortly due to the long lead times for a new VRS, unavailability of options, infotainment issues and some other small things which just prompted me to change. This is my third Octavia VRS.....

My new car is in transit from Italy and should be with me early i July. In the meantime I'm enjoying the last month in my 245........until that was, the "Check Brake Pads" warning came up this evening. My wife reckons its the car trying to tell me something.

In all seriousness, ballpark - how many miles are left on pads after the warning light? I should say it cleared after a restart.

Naturally I'd rather not spend money when I'm getting rid of the car (she's cost me enough over the past five years bless her!)

Any info?

Edited by wardth

You would be worth just sticking in a set of pads before any damage is done to the disc and then you have to spend even more money before you part with the car.

Are you any use with mechanical jobs? Brake pads are relatively easy to change if you are able to use tools. That would fairly cut down on the cost of replacing them.