My Skoda app - is it worth it?

ianlovatt

Started leasing an enyaq a month a go and happily driving it about sharing it with my wife. I can't seem find out what the benefits are of setting us up on "my Skoda" app with a primary user and other/guest/secondary user? What does this app unlock for us? Everything online seems to assume I want to do this. Is there data that can exclusively be accessed through the app (not via the car UI) or does it enable any features in the vehicle that would remain unavailable otherwise?

Seems like it offers VW plenty of user info data and gets itself in the classic problem of our time: "shared resource officially owned by one app account only".

For the moment merrily enjoying the enyaq in anonymous bliss.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers,

Ian

So other than mirroring a load of stuff available in the car in terms of info and settings it does seem to be required to enable plug n charge (as in proper certificate based authentication between charger and vehicle).

I can't work out what my Skoda essentials does compared to my Skoda? Seems there's been a series of new apps and rejigs so the overlap between them is a bit baffling for someone just turning up on the scene. This page does nothing to make it any clearer to me...

https://www.skoda-auto.com/connectivity/mobile-apps

My Skoda essentials was an older app and not needed with the new one.

Very useful to check if car is locked, what the state of charge is whilst charging, range as long as you know about the bug when car is offline. The range when offline often has to be multiplied by 1.6 to be correct. This is a server fault incorrectly converting true range in miles thinking it is kilometres and dividing by 1.6!

Best use of the app is to be able to turn the aircon or heating on a little before you leave so car is cool in hot weather, or defrosted in cold. If still plugged in to a home charger it does this without draining battery at all.

• Thanks 1

Ah ok thanks - good to know I can kill off the essentials app.

My wife is added as a user (not primary) on the car and have repeatedly tried adding the car to her my Skoda app but it just says garage empty after completing registrating with the QR code!