Thinking about visiting Jabba - what to buy???

As stated in a previous thread, I am thinking of going to Jabba for a custom remap of my PD 130 Superb. I know that this will give around the 180 - 190 bhp (assuming the rollers are right). What other mods and prices fitted should I be asking about? An uprated clutch was mentioned in a post to my original thread to allow for a more aggressive map, how much more bhp/torque would I expect and price fitted?? Assuming I wanted to spend

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure thats all you buy. Everytime I went there, sometimes with no intention of buying anything I always managed to spend something.

The standard custom map is good, and your standard clutch maybe ok. My old Octavia vRS was remapped quiet early in its life and was still on its original clutch when it was sold at 5 years old. As long as you dont do stupid things like floor it in top gear from a low RPM the clutch should be fine. To be honest I wouldnt bother with the clutch until your wear out the oem one.

Things to look into getting, maybe coilover suspension but this would use nearly all your remaining budget. Bigger brakes (do they do them for the superb?)

thanks for you reply. Already got the coiovers and the brakes aren't too bad on the Superb IMO.

The brakes aren't that bad at all but I reckon someone must do something better?

As for the Re-map, seems like you want more power? That Dragon not good enough?

The brakes aren't that bad at all but I reckon someone must do something better?

As for the Re-map' date=' seems like you want more power? That Dragon not good enough?[/quote']

As with all power, once you get used to it, you want more!!!!!! The dragon Digital is very good for a plug in unit, but as it only alters the fueling, the boost&fuel remap by Jabba must be the way to go. Probably put the Dragon onto Ebay to fund the remap. I had originally looked to around 220 bhp for the Superb, but after research, I found I'd need an uprated clutch, FMIC, bigger turbo and the remap. Or about

As with all power, once you get used to it, you want more!!!!!! The dragon Digital is very good for a plug in unit, but as it only alters the fueling, the boost&fuel remap by Jabba must be the way to go. Probably put the Dragon onto Ebay to fund the remap. I had originally looked to around 220 bhp for the Superb, but after research, I found I'd need an uprated clutch, FMIC, bigger turbo and the remap. Or about

thanks for you reply. Already got the coiovers and the brakes aren't too bad on the Superb IMO.

I would agree the brakes on the Superb are pretty Impresive as stock, I had to stop a bit sharpish the other night & was somewhat impressed, might consider better pads & fluid once the old pads wear out though

We will probably go for the std map as the car does a lot of miles so I dont really want to be looking at clutches.

Our Octy TDI was mapped from 110 to 164 bhp by Jabba at about 8000 miles with 393 n/m of torque, its got to 114000 miles & its till on the original clutch

Our Octy TDI was mapped from 110 to 164 bhp by Jabba at about 8000 miles with 393 n/m of torque, its got to 114000 miles & its till on the original clutch

Now that sounds pretty good to me!!

Maybe there is hope for the Superb?

My friend's Octavia has the same engine as your Superb. He was alledgedly running about 200bhp and 450 nM of torque with the remap from Jabba. His original clutch was replaced at 101,000 miles. OK, the dual mass flywheel was stuffed fairly early on but it still has not been replaced.

He is very happy with it.

Regardless of what you think of the brakes, I'd still look in to uprating them in some way shape or form.

A fairly aggressive remap - he used to do a lot of trackdays. IIRC it was running 197 which is why I said "about 200". The torque had to be turned down as it was melting the clutch :D

After that he went a little bit sillier with the modding.....

My friend's Octavia has the same engine as your Superb. He was alledgedly running about 200bhp and 450 nM of torque with the remap from Jabba. His original clutch was replaced at 101' date='000 miles. OK, the dual mass flywheel was stuffed fairly early on but it still has not been replaced.

He is very happy with it.

Regardless of what you think of the brakes, I'd still look in to uprating them in some way shape or form.[/quote']

I remember following your friends Octy & can confirm it covered the ground very rapidly both on the road & track :) :)

My friend could be very hurt by these comments :grumpy:

;)

IIRC Your friend was such a nice pleasant person & always so helpful I cant believe he would be hurt by this light hearted banter, if he is I am truly sorry :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS he ought to think about a Superb next, they are just so nice !!