Some Noob Questions - Cruise/Superchips/Interior/PID

chrisevans

Hello All, I am a long time member having owned a Gen 1 Octvaia a while back ,bought for £300 and sold for £700 happy days. Having family grown up a bit now , we needed a second car as my daughter will be a learner next year. My neighbour was selling a 2013, SE ASG with 46k on the clock so it seemed logical to buy it (semi distressed WeBuAnyCar type sale).  Questions as follows:

1 . Superchips upgrade from 60 to 75BHP - worth doing for £249?

2. PID Map updates - any advice/free downloads etc

3. Cruise retrofit - worth doing? Happy to have a bash myself as I have VCDS Lite and cable 

4. Door mirror surround - can you get on its own as one is missing?

5. Cleaning seats - they had two young girls and as my wife said it looks like someone has been killed in the car. All the seats heavily stained. I was going to Vax it and see where that gets me as it had seat covers fitted when we bought it.

6. Centre console lid is broken (ashtray?) worth fixing or get and arm rest?

7. PID Screen had some tasty deep scratches - any tried and tested methods to remove?

Any other gems?

I am ok with a spanner and have used the VCDS a few times on Passats/Seats and the Old Octavia - happy to help others if they need any code reading but don't profess to being an expert.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, freemansteve said:

ASG? - walk away....

Already bought it - I am sure it will be fine . if not I know an excellent gearbox man....he has rebuilt the Syncro Transmission in my Transporter so that will be a doddle!

I genuinely hope you get good service from yours... It's the control electronics and the solenoids that can cause grief, eventually ruining clutches, or refusing to change gear, and it's hard to find anyone who knows how to fix these units.

The gearbox itself is fine - being a normal manual box.

Me too -  A&N Whites Service and MOT Station is the garage in question. Andy is a bit of a wizard on all things gearbox wise. He was insulted when I asked if he would be ok to rebuild my Syncro Drive line :) . I may yet get him to drop the oil out of the box as a precaution and find out what his view is. I will report back. In the meantime the seats are proving to be challenging but gradually giving up the litres of fizzy drinks, pixie dust and crayons added as accessories over the last 7 years! Any suggestions on cleaning product? I have used Autoglym in the past ?