Wiring harness coil conduit

Took my car in for a service, new front brake discs and the garage did not do the plug change. They said the  leads had melted onto the coils, so to save me money they did not change plugs. This could be done when they do the dsg oil change in the spring which will be at about 75k. The mechanic said l would need new coils as well because they were a pig to separate.

I had a quick google and seems this is a problem. His description was somewhat inaccurate. The connectors do not melt, but become brittle and break. Seems you can tease them out and save them, or simply buy new d connectors, so not so sure why he said need new coils.

Anyway, l had a look and found one of the connectors slightly broken on the cover, but still securely connected. All four seemed to be ok, but the odd thing is that the conduit harness carrying the wires between the coils was absent! Has he bust this and binned it, or do some not have them?

So, the car is a 2014 vRS 2.0. Can anyone point me in the direction of decent plugs and maybe new coils, should l swap them out any way? The car is running fine, on 71k, no misfires etc.

Thanks