Boot not unlocking as normal

Got a call from my wife earlier to say the boot on the vrs was stuck closed as my key wasn't working. It's set to only open the driver's side only. Double press only opened the car doors and she had to hold the boot release to get it to unlock. 

It's been working fine and probably a coincidence, but she's had to replace the battery in her key. Now she uses the boot all the time for our dog so it has only just stopped. 

Tried changing my settings to all doors, still locked. Tried the lock button on the centre console, still locked. The only way is via the long press on the fob. 

Anyone else had this before, is there a reset we can try please? She's worried she'll lock the dog in the boot and struggle to let him out. 

Thank you

Had similar issues. It's probably the release button on the boot itself that is broken. Microswitch failure is common. Only way to fix it is to pay for a new boot release IIRC.

• Like 1

I sell genuine boot release handles for £25 posted in the U.K. if that is the fault.

But if you are saying the button on the centre console is not unlocking the boot (have you tried with the car on/off/running) then there may be a different issue at fault 

11 hours ago, ApertureS said:

I sell genuine boot release handles for £25 posted in the U.K. if that is the fault.

But if you are saying the button on the centre console is not unlocking the boot (have you tried with the car on/off/running) then there may be a different issue at fault 

I will check all those and come back to you. May well take you up on that offer 👍

On 18/10/2023 at 05:59, ApertureS said:

It looks to be the opening switch above the reg plate, just been messing with the connection and have managed to get it to unlock, but only by trying to unplug it. I'm assuming that's a different part to what you are selling 

40 minutes ago, zeffania said:

It looks to be the opening switch above the reg plate, just been messing with the connection and have managed to get it to unlock, but only by trying to unplug it. I'm assuming that's a different part to what you are selling 

Drop me a PM, i sell the complete units. Based on the picture you supplied the internals are twisting rather than pivoting.

The complete unit i sell will fix that :)

• Like 1