Superb estate vs Octavia vRS estate - leg room for child car seats?

Markyb_1989

Hi,

I am currently looking at both the Superb and Octavia as a replacement for a Cupra Ateca SUV. I am looking primarily at the estate versions of both for the extra boot room for those heavy luggage trips and the occasional mountain biking trip, but one of the key factors in the decision is around the leg room for a kids car seat. In the Ateca currently, our 2.5 year old can quite easily place his feet flat onto the back of the passenger seat and (as a two year old does) also means he can very easily kick the seat. The car seat is of the easy-loading swivel variety so it is on the bulky side - https://icklebubba.com/products/radial-360-rotating-car-seat?variant=44527203713308

My question here is whether anyone has any experience of having tried a (preferably similar) car seat in both the Octavia vRS estate and the Superb estate? If so, was there much of a difference in ultimate leg room for the child, assuming the passenger seat is set for an average height adult (6ft)?

My preference would be to go for the Octavia vRS as a bit of a petrol head and coming from a history of more powerful/sportier models, but if the Superb is that much bigger, it will probably sway the decision in it's favour. The Octavia vRS is also a significantly better deal right now, looking at the two. 

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. 

Superb and Octavia boot is similar, a good chunk of the extra space in a Superb is in rear leg room.  Given that, the Superb is much nicer for rear seat passengers and kids seats etc and as the kids grow it will be more of an issue. My 12 year old is 1m80 already and struggles in the Karoq (same as Ateca) and is fine in the Superb.

If you want power, look at a 280/272 Superb which while it wont have 'sharp' handling it will be plenty quick enough for most people. The 220 is pretty quick too.

• Like 1

Having had a Mk1 Superb (saloon, not estate) and a Mk3 Octavia vRS estate, if rear space is key for you, then it's the Superb all day long.  The rear legroom/space difference is very noticeable.  It does of course depend on front seat occupants size too.  At 6'4" and with the drivers seat all the way back, it was a squeeze behind me in the Octavia, but not at all in the Superb.  As @edwards has already pointed out, there are Superb's that have a good turn of speed.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
typo