1.9 SDI - Clutch Pedal Issue

Mrrnoname

Hi All,

Recently started driving a nice 2003 reg 1.9 SDI mk1 Fabia estate that had been sat garaged for 3 years (run daily before this). Did the usual, change of all fluids etc and it runs great. It has a strange clutch issue though which I am hoping to pin down.

Occasionally (maybe once a month) when the clutch pedal is pressed, it only raises a very small amount when lifting my foot back up. i.e the pedal stays almost fully depressed. Then if I press the pedal down again, when lifting my foot back up for the second time, the pedal comes up to normal height, but when it does so the clutch grabs almost instantly on the pedal travel, much further down compared to the usual biting point. Enough to lurch the car forward and almost stall. Then when pressing the clutch in again and releasing, the pedal acts normally, and the biting point is back to normal. I cant say whether the clutch is actually engaged or not when the pedal is sat almost to the floor after the first press, as every time it has happened I have been going in to neutral coming to a stop (and so I have pressed it again to get in to gear).

Hopefully that makes sense!

Other than when the issue above occurs, the pedal feels totally normal. Not stiff, loose etc. No strange noises, biting point is normally about half way up the pedal's travel, car has 83k on it. The issue was present before the brake fluid change + bleed. To my knowledge the issue wasn't present prior to the car sitting.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by Mrrnoname