Remap by Celtic Tuning

Liam0602

Hi I’ve recently had my car remapped by Celtic tuning, and I’ve had a guy tell me to take it off as they’re a bad company, any advice on this? Maybe if you have had it done by them too? Will there be any issues down the line?

Very satisfied customer here, remap through one of their agents and an emissions rollback done at their premises.

My advice to you is general, when someone tells you something like that aside from politely explaining that nobody tells me/you what to do is to ask them to be specific, give reasons that they can back up.

Nobody aside from a fortune teller can tell you if there will be any issues down the line.

• Like 1

Just to put some clarification on remaps. Two methods and both also have two options.... Method 1. ECU remap, this is what you have. Method 2 tunning box, can be taken off car without ever showing up.

Then both have Generic and live/custom. You have a Generic map, same as 99% of people who have their car remapped. Celtic run quite a high Generic map that should be supported by running 97RON+ fuel ALL the time.   I run a custom map that is mapped live and customised during a rolling road session. Much more expensive than a Generic map...

Celtic maps are fine if you run the car on quolity fuel. Run best when supported with other power modifications. 

3 minutes ago, Planetse said:

Just to put some clarification on remaps. Two methods and both also have two options.... Method 1. ECU remap, this is what you have. Method 2 tunning box, can be taken off car without ever showing up.

Then both have Generic and live/custom. You have a Generic map, same as 99% of people who have their car remapped. Celtic run quite a high Generic map that should be supported by running 97RON+ fuel ALL the time.   I run a custom map that is mapped live and customised during a rolling road session. Much more expensive than a Generic map...

Celtic maps are fine if you run the car on quolity fuel. Run best when supported with other power modifications. 

Yeah I run it on E5, only E10 when I can’t get ahold of E5

55 minutes ago, Planetse said:

Method 2 tunning box, can be taken off car without ever showing up.

I'm not sure that anyone has ever established quite definitely that fitting a tuning box doesn't cause a TD1 code to be thrown in the ECU, have they...? 

1 hour ago, Schtum said:

I'm not sure that anyone has ever established quite definitely that fitting a tuning box doesn't cause a TD1 code to be thrown in the ECU, have they...? 

Shows no trace of interference of ECU. That I've put to the test myself. 

1 minute ago, Planetse said:

Shows no trace of interference of ECU. That I've put to the test myself. 

I believe that a TD1 flag can only be detected on ODIS by techs who have the authorisation to scan for it.  So, it's a bit of a lottery. 

Being able to simply take off a Tuning Box means nothing.  

If you were in an Accident, your fault or not you are not removing it before maybe the car is recovered.

Same if your engine expires on a motorway.

You want to declare it to your insurers to have valid insurance and not just the 3rd parties being covered,

so any Loss Adjusted might not find the tuning box if removed, but checks your declaration with the Insurer.

If the engine had an issue and had a warranty it is invalidated with non factory approved hardware or software.

That covers the remap then and a tuning box.

• Like 1

^^^'Defensive?'   Are you being stupid?

If you are happy enough trying to defraud the Warranty Provider / Insurer.

*Loss adjuster are about all the time on forums.*

But if you are don't post about your mods on Social Media / Forums.   & if an Loss Adjuster is acting for a Warranty Provider / Insurer and a claim of a few thousand for an Engine, or an accident claim they can check.

You might be asked to sign a Claim Form on a Warranty Claim and if you did have a tuning box that is fraud you are attempting.

But we never mention such things.  All an Internet Myth.    Well not when they ask if you want to withdraw your claim. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1