WLAN question

I reckon I'm being absolutely thick here but I can't work out what I need to do.

I've just traded in the Kodiaq (which had a SIM card slot built into the glovebox between the two SD card slots) for a 2017 MkIII Superb (which doesn't).

The WLAN hotspot and Skoda Connect functions are present in the MIB, but there's nowhere to put the SIM card.

I had assumed that I needed to use one of those USB Skoda CarStick things that I've seen before, but when I look at them the description says they're strictly for MIB2 Amundsen head units.

How do I get the WLAN hotspot and Skoda Connect functions working please? I used to be absolutely boiling hot on this kind of thing but now I'm 40 and the world is increasingly confusing and scary and I feel like my dad trying to work the video recorder in 1992. Thanks in advance!