Matrix headlight signal colour issue

Hi there!

I am new here and a happy owner of my new Octavia iv vRS PHEV. Today I have faced a weird issue of one of my matrix headlights.

The signal light used for daylight too is comprised of two parts. When signaling both should turn orange but the one on the side is purple (light intensity is ok) and the other towards the center of car is orange (this one is fine).

Have you guys ever had this issue  and if yes, what is the culprit and how did you fix?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, axw said:

Hi there!

I am new here and a happy owner of my new Octavia iv vRS PHEV. Today I have faced a weird issue of one of my matrix headlights.

The turn light used for daylight too is comprised of two parts. When signaling both should turn orange but the one on the side is purple (light intensity is ok) and the other towards the center of car is orange (this one is fine).

Have you guys ever had this issue  and if yes, what is the culprit and how did you fix?

Thanks!

Head-lights.gif

• 3 months later...

Hi

As I saw nobody had this issue, I did not came back with the fix.

There are two cooling fin modules at the back of the headlight, and the one at the side (exactly in line with the discoloured one) have to be removed where you will find the led chip.

Mine had the paint on the led chip peeled off. You need to replace that module and the cost is not too high,  under 100 euros compared to a new headlight price.

Unfortunately I paid a lot more because went to dealer and paid for them to fix it.

The operation in fact is not that simple as I thought because the bumper needs to be removed in order to remove the headlight unit all this because you don't have access to the module unless you remove the headlight.

If I am not wrong the part number is 1420000690.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2