Karoq Tyre Sizes

pgp001

Most of my knowledge comes from living near where Avon rubber used to be based, the huge tyre factory at nearby Melksham also closed recently (Cooper part of Goodyear group).

As for tyre fitters, most just seem to give patter to suit the customer, but there is one old chap who does tyres for independent repair centre that seems to have very good knowledge. He doesn't rate Michelin tyres anymore as he says sees many (punctured) nearly new ones with tread worn down in parts to 4-5mm because they can't cope with the rutted/broken tarmac on local country roads.

Whereas I know others rave about Michelin, so goes to show no consistent view.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decided not to bother replacing the 19" tyres.

I have purchased a very nice set of 17" alloy wheels from an Audi Q2 Sport which fit perfectly and have just ordered a set of Goodyear Vectors for them.

The price difference is huge, I bought the new 17" wheels and tyres for the same price as four 19" tyres.

So if anyone is looking for set of 19" Crater wheels with part worn (9500 miles) Bridgestone tyres, then get in touch. They should be available next week.