Any Octavia gurus that can help me please ?

Skoda Octavia 1.6tdi

New fuel pump and injectors replaced a few months ago . New Fuel Pump in tank also fitted .

Over the last few weeks I cannot get the car to start ,initially it would start with jump leads and then it began to struggle. The only way the car will now start is with a small squirt of easy start.

Getting lots of black smoke also.

New turbo fitted this week and a new Fuel Pressure rail as error code P0087 is constantly showing . Error code and flashing glow plug on dash when I accelerate. 

Timing was checked also and all ok .

Any help please

That error code is saying that the fuel pressure in the pressure rail is too low. Either pump problem or fuel pressure regulator issue. The black smoke is caused by the car trying to over compensate by enriching the mixture. You will find your long term fuel trims are probably maxed out and the fact the glow plug is showing just means you have a fueling issue.

Also check you don't have a bad batch of fuel from somewhere or that the fuel filter is not blocked.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16471/P0087/000135

It might be simply old age. At over 300k miles the engine is super high mileage and sounds as if is tired and worn. They used to say using Easy start type stuff damages and accelerates piston ring wear, engines become addicted to it.

I would say it needs a good old traditional check over. Start with checking compression. Inspect camshaft lobes  for wear etc. Check to see if timing is spot on. Address all error codes. Fuel pressure error definitely needs sorting.

Somewhere along the way you'll find the problem.

It may be simpler and cheaper to fit a recon engine.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/02/2024 at 23:36, R9DCG said:

Any Octavia gurus that can help me please ?

Skoda Octavia 1.6tdi

New fuel pump and injectors replaced a few months ago . New Fuel Pump in tank also fitted .

Over the last few weeks I cannot get the car to start ,initially it would start with jump leads and then it began to struggle. The only way the car will now start is with a small squirt of easy start.

Getting lots of black smoke also.

New turbo fitted this week and a new Fuel Pressure rail as error code P0087 is constantly showing . Error code and flashing glow plug on dash when I accelerate. 

Timing was checked also and all ok .

Any help please

Any update? I am a student, and sometimes when deadlines for assignments get closer, I use my secret gem, which is a website called https://ukwritings.com/assignment-service ukwritings. I use this website to get my assignments done. The work they do at this affordable price is amazing, I must say.

Any update?