Hi Anyone with VCDS that would not mind doing some coding around the south east London / Kent area I'm happy to travel / pay for someone's time/knowledge.

steviemajor

Hi
Hi Anyone with VCDS that would not mind doing some simple coding of a new part for me I' around the south east London / Kent area  I'm happy to travel / pay for someone's time/knowledge. 
Below is my issue 

Your previous message

Hi there

I've got a Skoda Octavia mk3 2013 elegance 1.4 tsi
Its fitted with auto headlights auto wipers and climate control.
Recently was getting "fault automatic headlight control" on the dash. This only popped up when i started the car in the dark or when i entered a tunnel (went from light to dark or dark to light).But the headlights and wipers seems to work automatically ok.
After a bit of research decide to swap the windscreen sensor (the one behind the mirror).
The sensor fitted on the car was part number 5q0955547. I was informed its been superseded with 5q0955547b.
Skoda main dealer (Marshalls Gillingham) wanted £281 +vat supply only
As quite expensive decided worth a punt so got one from ebay from a car that was breaking. £25 including delivery. The seller assured me the part worked fine and the car was being stripped for unrelated reasons.
I swapped over the sensor and also fitted it with a new index match gel pad (no bubbles just lucky i guess).
The error has gone away and the headlights work automatically perfectly. But now the auto wipers dont work and intermittent wipe in manual wiper mode does not work. Auto wipers are set in the car info screen menu. I tried togging on/ off.
A friend scanned the car for OBD DTC codes and nothing found. He selected clear codes anyway.
I posted my issue on this Skoda forum and was told
because i've replaced a 5q0955547 with 5q0955547b the new part simply needs coding with VCDS/Vagcom.
2 or 3  people on the forum said its a submodule of 09. (Hope someone knows what this means)
I am happy to travel to you and pay for your time/knowledge. I live in the Bexleyheath area.
Thanks
Steve

Edited by steviemajor

Hi 
I've managed to find a kind person on this forum who has a VCDS setup and happy to help me code the changes.

But i still  need to find out now what coding changes i need to make. 
Skoda octavia mk3 rain/light/humidity windscreen sensor has been swapped from a 
5q0955547 to a  5q0955547b
I understand it under module 09 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Would putting the old sensor back on and checking the coding help in any way ?
Thank you 
Steve