Bluetooth calls problem with Amundsen+

Dappernut

Evening all.

Background:-

2023 Karoq SEL fitted with Amundsen+ infotainment in conjunction with Google Pixel 7 phone.

Phone paired and connects fine, including wireless Android Auto.  Contacts import.  No sign of disconnects (as far as I can tell).

This is my wife's car and not my daily driver, so direct personal experience is limited.

[I do however have a Kodiaq with Columbus and another Pixel 7, which seems fine in all regards.]

Same phone worked perfectly when previous connected to wife's old Ford C-Max. 

Problem:-

First call connected in the Karoq after powering on the ignition has unusably distorted sound through the Amundsen+.  You can then immediately hang up and place the call again and it's fine on the second and subsequent calls.  It sounds like maybe the volume clipping somewhere or perhaps some sort of codec problem.  It's not just bad, it's completely unusable; you can maybe just make out 1 word in 4.

Has anyone ever encounterd this before please?  It would be helpful to know before I start swapping phones around to try and work out exactly where the problem is.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife has almost the same problem. Her phone, Poco X3, is connected via Bluetooth to a Karoq 2022 FL. She can easily listen to Spotify, YouTube, or anything else, but when she tries to make a call, she starts hearing a strange robotic, static sound. The other side can't hear her at all, nor can she hear them. My phone is also connected via Bluetooth, and I can make calls normally.

Thanks for sharing _lost_.  I'd thought for a while that having Android Auto wirelessly connect (or not) was having an effect, but I think that was a red herring.