SUPERB 3 2.0TSI

Frankly, I’d doubt you’d hear negative “things” about the diesel engines either. Where are you based? What sort of details would you like to know about the 280 unit?

1 minute ago, numskull said:

Frankly, I’d doubt you’d hear negative “things” about the diesel engines either. Where are you based? What sort of details would you like to know about the 

Im looking for Superb 3(16-19) ENGINE 2.0TSI 4X4 6SPEED DSG so im based in Serbia (EU) and whats common issues 

Thanks.. 

The most common issue that I know of on the EA888 engine is the failure of the water pump/thermostat housing, causing it to leak, resulting in coolant loss. I had mine replaced a couple of years ago. It’s an expensive job, between €800/1000. Other than that, AFAIK these engines are very reliable and very, very tuneable, to beyond 500bhp. 

10 hours ago, numskull said:

Frankly, I’d doubt you’d hear negative “things” about the diesel engines either. Where are you based? What sort of details would you like to know about the 280 unit?

I heard that but on gti engines of 220hp yea, but im looking for one with stock 280HP currect theres only in Serbia CJXA ENGINE 

Hello Aleksandar, since I am from Serbia too, I can say that CJXA has only major problem with water pump/thermostat. I have replaced mine and it costed less than 500eur with original Skoda parts.

There are no other major problems. It need to be maintained well, quality oil, quality petrol, quality parts...every 10.000km
I am thinking to sell mine, but I am not sure what to buy after to satisfy what Superb provides now and provide something more. :)

• Crying 1

Brate jebote,thats why i asked i know at Tdi that if you dont buy Bosch System parts you will have problem every 10k km,so which Engine is the best from Tsi hmm i know that feeling my wife has Octavia 1.6tdi with delphi and dq200 its painfull and cost every 3month or 6 months soemthing

With 280 cjxa you will not have a problem. Gearbox is good too.

Restyle with 272 engine does not have mpi, so you could end up with carbon build up, esspecialy with short rides in Serbia.

But 7speed gearbox is more economical.

220 engine is almost the same as 280. Turbo is different, compression ratio,...

But it has longer gears even in 6 speed version. It is fwd and rare.

But interesting for tuning with is38.

Would be faster than 4x4 in 100-200 and with higher top speed and better fuel economy on the highway.

My average consumption in last 60.000km is 11.7l/100k, while 50.000km is on Stage 1 with 350hp.

This is only drawback comparing to 1.4/1.5.

• Like 1

Ma brate da gledam ja dizel onda,ovaj malo slabiji motor sto ide u Golf gti 7 je isto los previse problema, gledam ja onda Dizela a? 

2.0 4x4 DTUA ENFINE CODE 

7gti is not bad at all. 6gti and 6r have problems with oil consumption, chain, water pump,...

You need to decide what is important for you, reliability, performance, cost, economy,...

I need HP and realibility i had Skoda and want to stick with it but it seems its hard,i planned also stage 1 only on Tsi 280hp but it seems Tdi is better

Tsi 280 engines only really have one common failure that is the combined thermostat and water pump housing. Mine failed at 5 years and 30k miles. Cost was £600 to put right at a decent independent garage here in the UK. Other than that they appear to be reliable if looked after.

Mine is 6 years old and 36k miles now, honestly there is nothing new around at present that I would want to replace it with.

• Like 1

Totally agree with edwards.
I am not familiar with curent TDI engines, but I think they have at least that same problem with water pump / thermostat plus few more.
2.0 TSI is pretty solid having in mind what provides.

Two different worlds having in mind performance and economy. TSI is let's say 30% thirstier.

CJXA is 280 engine, CJXB is for other VAG brands. Talking for 2017. this is the one to look for.

• Thanks 1