android head unit recommendation

I have an Xtrons android unit in my 2012 superb, its quite good but its biggest issues is that at night its like having a floodlight on in the car.

I have spoken to strong and they tell me that there's no way of turning the brightness down any further than it already is, I want it so its quite dim.

So I'm thinking of replacing it with a 10'' screen head unit but am really looking for one that will dim a lot an not give off masses of light.

Most of the time I am running google maps on night setting or Waze on night setting and I have a screen filter on it but even my passengers say how bright it is

any recommendations?

I've no experience with non-OEM units, but it occurs to me that it should be possible to get a sheet of translucent coloured plastic (red, blue?) to cover the screen and reduce the glare.

Alternatively, Google "Xtrons android unit" and "glare" to see if anyone else has found a solution.

Good luck, and please keep the group posted on success (or otherwise).

Ken