Skoda octavia 4x4 2008. Sell or scrap

Hello,

The time is coming for me to part with my octavia 4x4 2008.

Shes been a great workhorse.

Has done 26000+ miles.

Has had a hard life.   Body work getting rough etc

recently had a new alternator.

Mot til July would def need work to pass another.

I have dogs and horses so inside is not great.

Been offered £200 px

Better to px for £200  or scrap or sell to someone?

Im not a car person but would anyone want her??

Thank you,   Just was not sure anyone would want her.   I have had her 8 years and apart from a few ups and downs has been a great runner and I am still using until I get another car possibly in next few weeks.   

50 minutes ago, Horsey1 said:

Thank you,   Just was not sure anyone would want her.   I have had her 8 years and apart from a few ups and downs has been a great runner and I am still using until I get another car possibly in next few weeks.   

There are two immediate things you could do to help yourself; first, let us know whereabouts you are (so people will be able to gauge how far to travel) and secondly upload some pictures.

• Like 1

Thanks, Im in warwickshire . Near leamington spa.  Will take photos later.  Just was not sure if worth selling as will need some work.  Spent nearly £400 on a new alternator in feb.  

Maybe give a Briskoda member a chance to take it even if for Spare and them breaking it.

It must be worth at least double the 'Trade in offer',   & I can imagine the person offering the p/x seeing them getting £600 + for it. 

I would be wanting at least that sort of money if there is a valid MOT.

• Like 1

The garage that offered PX said he would only get £100 scrap.   I think I would get about £300 if I scrap myself.... I would rather it goes to someone who would either use parts or do some work and get another mot.   Still running well and I am using for work daily until I replace.    I guess I just do not want any comebacks if I sell privately because not in the best condition and high mileage.   still got 3 months mot.  Would sell as seen though.

Think I will advertise on here when Im ready then.   Think just testing the water.   I think def worth more than PX offered!

Up North we have 'Car Collections of Scrap vehicles' that say they want paid to take your car away. Up Aberdeen way ones that say not interested but deliver it and they will give you something.

Around Tayside and Fife there are those with Websites and e-mails that bother to reply and give a price and might want cars in the area.

I have had them agree to collect cars up Aberdeen way when there anyway, or it has been something that they wanted and they paid actual proper 'Cash Money'.

They would rub their hands in glee to get your car. 

Think I will advertise it myself rather than PX.   I think someone who can work on it may well get another 12 months out of it.  Its got to have parts worth having to someone if not.  Will be sad to see her go shes been a good workhorse..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Horsey1 said:

not in the best condition and high mileage.

You have answered my question, 260000 miles and the 26000 miles you wrote was a typo.

The rear differential alone costs over £4000 new and there are always people chasing for them after they unwittingly paid their garage to ruin theirs.

23 hours ago, Horsey1 said:

I have dogs and horses so inside is not great.

I bet that is an understatement 🤣

It wont affect its value (much) as a car to be broken for spares.

33 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You have answered my question, 260000 miles and the 26000 miles you wrote was a typo.

The rear differential alone costs over £4000 new and there are always people chasing for them after they unwittingly paid their garage to ruin theirs.

Sorry, Missed 0!    Think I will advertise on here next week if all goes well.   If I thought it worth getting through another mot I would keep as running ok at the moment.  Shes had a hard life but always been reliable.    If I dont sell I will scrap myself but think def worth more than £200 they have offered to PX.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leebrooker said:

I'd be interested 

Ok, Let me know if you have any questions.  Its a blue 2008 1.9 tdi.   4x4  mot til end of july.   running and been in use until last weekend when I got another car.   Bodywork not in the best condition.   As I have dogs and horses inside is a bit scruffy but Im going to clean in next few days .

Let me know if interested otherwise I will be advertising on here in next few days once I have cleaned and taken photos.   

• Like 1

The ad for my skoda octavia estate 4x4 is on the cars for sale board with photos now.   Giving it a shot at selling on here.  If i dont sell may try ebay or if nec will scrap.  I would think shes worth having if only for parts.  Mot til July. 

• 2 weeks later...